ASK THE EXPERTS:
For more than 60 years, Utrecht has been a resource that artists trust for high-quality, professional advice. Many of our store associates are working artists who are happy to share their expertise with you. The ASK THE EXPERTS CENTER allows us to tap into that knowledge and extend it to our online community.
Making Art In Your Living Space: Special Considerations
“I’m a studio artist, but due to circumstances outside my control, I am going to have to work from home for at least a month. I know this means scaling back what I do somewhat, but what advice can you give for staying productive?”
- Oil Painting: Advice for Beginners
- The Blank Canvas: Anticipation and Intimidation
- The Maquette: Sketching for Sculptors
- Printing Inks and Paints Compared
- Making Your Brushes Last
- Should My Palette Include Black?
- Painted Frames
- Using Tube Colors for Wet-In-Wet
- The Three Drawing Exercises That Will Make You A Master
- Masking Fluid: Time Frame
- Impressionism: Misconceptions vs Reality
- Making Art In Your Living Space: Special Considerations
Visit our Ask the Experts Archive.
Ask your own questions:
Interested in What Other Customers Think? Have a question about art material use and safety? Need technical advice about making, handling or storing artwork?
Post your question or send us a message on Facebook. If you don't have a Facebook, send us an email and one of our technical experts will reply promptly. Information regarding your question may be added to our FAQs or otherwise used for the education of our customers. Any questions used will be posted anonymously.