Archival quality hardcover sketchbook - great for journaling, important works and the environment!
This sketchbook offers a great combination of artist-friendly and earth-friendly features.
Utrecht recycled sketchbooks feature:
- 4 popular sizes
- your choice of a durable spiral bound hardcover construction or the highest quality Smyth sewn hardcover binding
- 80 sheets of 70 lb. acid free oatmeal colored sketching paper
Use the hardcover versions for:
- sketching important works that you want to last a long time
- sketchbooks that take a beating
The smaller sized, more portable double wire spiral bound versions are great for everyday drawing and sketching.
For The Earth
These sketchbooks contain 30% recycled post-consumer paper fiber, which means it saves trees and who does not like trees?
- Archival quality Smyth sewn hardcover binding construction
- 70 lb. oatmeal color paper with distinctive recycled speckle tone allows use of white colors and has excellent erasure characteristics
- Acid free, pH neutral - prevents degradation and decaying of your important works
- 80 11 in. x 14 in. sheets
What does Smyth Sewing Mean to Artists?
Smyth sewn book bindings are typically used on books meant to stand the test of time and are regarded as the highest quality book binding available. An indicator of a library quality, archival safe book, Smyth sewing is found on most textbooks, books targeted for libraries and lab notebooks because those books have to stand up to years of wear and tear. Utrecht uses this binding method because we understand the beating your sketchbook can take.
Smyth sewing, as the name implies, involves physically sewing the pages into the book using binders thread. The binding is reinforced with fabric backing and adhesive to create the most usable and durable books available. Designed to withstand prolonged stress, Smyth sewing is the ideal solution for any product subject to repetitive usage.
Please select an option above to view its attributes.