Pre-sanded, Smooth & Versatile Art Panel Surface for Painting in all Mediums or Use as Drawing Board or Multimedia Art Board
Experience painting on wood panels like the master oil painters did. These beautifully handcrafted art panels come ready to seal and prime with the ground of your choice. Made from basswood, the sturdy construction of these wood panels provides optimal dimensional stability for heavy layers of paint and collage. This line of wooden art boards includes a variety of sizes in a 7/8" cradled profile.
All solid wood products come from trees and retain their inherent natural wood cell structure. Unfinished solid
wood therefore may expand and contract with change in humidity and temperature. Therefore conservators
highly recommend that all unprimed panels with solid wood based frames be primed on both sides to ensure
long-term stability of your artwork. We concur with these recommendations, especially in larger sizes, and
suggest that you consider priming your panel by applying two coats of Utrecht Artists gesso to both sides of the panel before starting your artwork
- Profile: 7/8 inch
- Pre-sanded to ultra smooth finish
- Ready to prime with your favorite ground
- 6mm basswood plywood top - a superior surface vs. birch panels
- basswood is one of the straightest hardwoods available
- basswood has a fine uniform texture and a limited wood grain which provide an even finish for your work.
- Supported by warp resistant solid basswood cradle frames
- Complies with California ATCM 93120.2(a) Formaldehyde Emission Standards for Hardwood Plywood
Utrecht selects only the finest raw materials for our Artists' Wood Panels and they are expertly made and tested. Utrecht guarantees our Artists' Wood Panels to exceed all artistic requirements or we will replace or refund this product if not completely satisfied.
This line of wooden art boards also includes a variety of sizes in a 1.5" cradled profile.
Please select an option above to view its attributes.