Water-based Polymer Varnish with UV stabilizers for Acrylic Paints with Very Flat Matte Finish
Golden's Polymer Varnish with UVLS is a topcoat for your acrylic paintings that offers a removable protective surface. The ultra violet light stabilizers (UVLS) in the varnish protect your surface from ultraviolet radiation to help delay any fading that is inherent to the surface material. This removable varnish is popular for restoring and cleaning acrylic paintings.
Polymer Varnish Features
- water-based acrylic polymer varnish with ultraviolet light protection
- Flexible film when dry is still harder than most acrylics, reducing your painting's susceptibility to dust and dirt while providing more protection from moisture, marring and scratching.
- Flexible enough to withstand normal handling conditions like loose rolling.
- Soluble in alkaline solvents like ammonia which means you can easily remove the varnish along with any accumulated surface contamination without damaging your painting.
- Golden's Matte finish version of the polymer varnish dries extremely flat, flatter than most matte finishes. For a slightly more reflective surface, one that is more like other matte finishes, try the the Satin finish version of Golden's Polymer Varnish with UVLS. For a glossy, highly reflective surface, you'll want to use Golden's Polymer Varnish with UVLS with a Gloss finish. These acrylic varnishes are mixable or you can use them sequentially to create your own sheen level.
- Note: Using either the Matte or Satin finishes of Golden's Polymer Varnish, like most non-gloss varnishes, will lighten dark value colors.
Polymer Varnish Application Notes
- Use on acrylic paintings only, not for oil paintings
- Golden's Polymer Varnishes must be thinned for most applications because Golden formulates them thicker than most applications' viscosity as a way to ensure more consistent performance when you apply them.
- As always, Golden recommends testing before widespread use.
- For conservation and varnish removal applications, Golden recommends using a permanent isolation coat before applying the varnish. An isolation coat is a permanent, non-removable coating that physically separates your painting's surface from the removable varnish. If you have any questions or concerns about isolation coats, please call Golden’s Technical Support Department at (800) 959-6543.
- Golden recommends applying its polymer varnishes via spray or a brush
- Golden recommends interior use only, not for use on furniture or surfaces subject to physical contact during use and not for use by children.
Please select an option above to view its attributes.