World's Most Popular Watercolor Paper in Convenient Sized Pads for Plein Air & Travel Use - Rough Texture
Arches has made its famous watercolor paper in the same mill in Lorraine, France since 1492. Today, all Arches watercolor papers have these traits:
- Professional grade, high quality
- Environmentally friendly - recyclable and made from 100% cotton, a renewable resource
- Acid-free with a neutral pH buffered surface
- Mould-made on a cylinder with pure stream water then air-dried and inspected by hand. With the paper's deckle edges, this process produces a traditional hand-made look.
- Naturally colored with no optical brightness additives that can cause yellowing
- Protected from mildew by an anti-microbial agent
- Made strong and stable with Arches renowned natural gelatin sizing; tough enough to endure scrubbing, scratching and erasing yet still accept colors evenly
- Excellent surfaces for:
- Foil Stamping
- Die Cutting
This Watercolor Pad's Features
- Rough Texture - deepest surface with peaks and valleys for bold expressive brushwork in paint and ink. Excellent surface for alkyds as well.
- Sized with natural gelatin internally and on the paper's surface, a unique process Arches uses to provide optimal color absorption while preventing your colors' pigments from reaching the paper's core. This sizing prevents bleeding and muddying of your colors and allows you to repeatedly layer on washes.
- Natural Whitecolor - Arches does not use optical additives so the paper won't yellow over time
- 140 lb. / 300 gsm weight, 100% cotton paper
- Perfect for plein air painting and travel.
- 2 popular sizes with 12 sheets per pad.
- Fold-over cover construction
See entire line of Arches Watercolor Paper Sheets
See entire line of Arches Watercolor Paper Blocks
See entire line of Arches Watercolor Paper Books
See entire line of Arches Watercolor Paper Rolls
See entire line of Arches Watercolor Paper Cards
Please select an option above to view its attributes.