Acid-free textured clay surface wood panel specifically crafted for watercolor painting
These Aquabord wood panel's specifications:
- Surface: Textured
- Choose from 3 popular sizes
- Profile: 2"
- 2 inch Deep Cradled profile features 2" birch plywood strips attached flush to back edge of the hardboard panels
- You can frame the cradled panels just like you would frame a standard stretched canvas or hang the panels directly for a frameless presentation.
Ampersand's Aquabord line of museum series panels are designed to be used as watercolor boards. The acid-free textured clay surface absorbs watercolors like fine paper to provide an absolutely archival quality vehicle for your work. Colors retain their purity and vibrancy in a way that even the finest of watercolor papers can never match.
While uniquely absorbent Aquabord art boards are perfect for watercolors and gouache, these art panels are also a good choice for artists working in casein or acrylics.
Aquabord Wood Panel Shared Benefits
- Enhanced and truer color clarity
- Endlessly lift, layer and glaze
- Will not wrinkle, tear, shrink, buckle or yellow - even under heavy applications
- Can be sealed & framed without glass keeping your colors and textures true
- Available in 1/8" flat profile or 2 in. deep cradled profile
- Defect Guarantee - Ampersand will replace if you find a defect that inhibits or affects your work
- Conforms to ASTMD-4236 standards
- Part of Ampersand's Museum Series featuring Archiva-Seal™ technology, an advanced formula for sealing wood that ensures your artwork created on an Ampersand wood panel will remain acid free over time. All Ampersand Museum Series painting grounds are archival, acid-free and non-yellowing.
- Ampersand is committed to producing products that don't harm the environment or the artists who use them. All Museum Series Panels are made using FSC certified forest products. The FSC certification is one of the most effective standards for protecting wildlife, plants, soil and water resources. Ampersand's Museum Series boards are formaldehyde-free and do not contain any organic compounds that generate harmful gas emissions (VOCs).
Seal your finished artwork with a spray fixative for an elegant glass-free presentation.
Please select an option above to view its attributes.